The 25th Bowlful of Blues is going to be more than an afternoon of amazing music. We also will feature a variety of artisan craft booths, specialty product booths, and a select few food and beverage vendors to serve the 800 guests we are anticipating.
To become one of our food vendors, please read the info below and complete the Vendor Inquiry form at the bottom of the page. Also, please email a photo of your truck or trailer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct all correspondence to: email@example.com.
Please read all the information, complete and return the form for consideration. If approved, you will be notified within 2 weeks and will receive a payment invoice and a detailed information packet. Final payment will be due within 2 weeks of approval. We have limited space for vendors, so apply early.
- We are accepting only licensed food trucks or trailers. No TFFs, please.The food vending area is on the mulched ground just outside the Bowl entrance (see map)
- Please submit photos of your vehicle and products as they will appear at our event
- Applications are now being accepted and will continue until August 22, 2018 or as long as spaces remain.
- Applications will not be confirmed until all required photos and documents (insurance, copies of permits, etc.) are received along with full payment.
- Full cancellation refunds end August 22, 2018.
Food Vendor Space Rental rate:
- $200-$300 depending on size of vehicle
- Your payment includes admission for 3 people; any additional people are full price.
Rules, Regulations and General Information
- Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 4:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Set-up can be started as early as 9:00 AM, but must be completed no later than 3:00 PM.
- Tear-down starts at 9:30 PM and must be finished, with everything removed from the Libbey Bowl property by 11:30 PM.
- Food Vendors must be properly approved by and show current / valid Ventura County Health Department Certificate. Inspection by a Ventura County Health Department representative may occur at any time.
- Food vendors (and their extinguishers) must be prepared for inspection by the Fire Department prior to event start. All Food Vendors that prepare hot foods are required to have on site, two (2), 10 lb ABC fire extinguishers. If hot oil or grease is to be used in food preparation, one (1) 10 lb. 40BC fire extinguisher is required.
- If cooking oil or charcoal is used, ALL related waste products MUST be properly contained / stored following their use and disposed of according to regulatory measures. User must ensure that under NO circumstance should used oil be poured, released or otherwise discharged into the drainage system, nor any hot coals placed on the ground, in the trash or otherwise.
- Electricity is included. Vendors are responsible for their own cords. Cords must by heavy duty, outdoor, 13-15 amp cords in good working condition with NO frays or repairs. Vendor must ensure cords are stapled, taped or otherwise secured to prevent tripping.
- All recycling and garbage must be removed, with nothing left at booth space. Garbage/trash containers will be onsite, as well as a dumpster.
- Location of all spaces will be pre-determined and not changed unless the needs of the event require it. You will receive a site plan sketch with your position by August 30, 2018.
- Temporary Parking Access Passes issued by Libbey Bowl management will be provided and must be displayed in any vehicle temporarily parked in the vendor load/unload area. After loading, all personal vehicles must be parked legally on the street and not blocking property access.
- No pets allowed.
- Vendor will comply with all laws and regulations.
- Vendor is responsible for obtaining necessary permits and licenses in order to operate and/or sell at this event, including copy of (Temporary) Ojai Business License, Ventura County business tax receipt, Ventura County Environmental Health permit, CA DMV vehicle registration and a CA state resale sales license.
- All permits and licenses must be on display at the vendor’s booth space.
- All Vendors are required to provide a minimum of $1M commercial general liability insurance. Such insurance policy shall name “Bowlful of Blues,”, “Community Advocacy Coalition,” “City of Ojai,” “Michael Kaufer,” and “Lanny Kaufer” as additional insured. Addresses will be provided.
- Proof of insurance must be furnished by the August 16th deadline.
- NOTE: If you don’t have your own liability insurance, you may request to be covered under the Bowlful of Blues event policy for an additional $25.
- See Indemnification clause in application
- “Force Majeure” – There will be no refunds for rain or other act, man-made or natural, beyond the control of “Bowlful of Blues.”
FOOD VENDOR INQUIRY FORM:
For consideration as a food vendor, please fill out this Vendor Inquiry form. If you are accepted as a vendor, you will be sent an application and further instructions. Thanks!